In one of the project, I have to develop a custom list schema with some metadata associated. The business needed the some kind of auto-renaming according to the company's guidelines when the user uploads a document. I thought it would easy to design and develop but it was pretty tricky at the end. I will a separate post on auto-renaming document filename.SharePoint
While developing I had to use ItemUpdating and synchronous event receiver. Subsequently, the "Title" has to be changed as well via properties.AfterProperties["Title"]. I had used some other metadata columns which worked perfectly fine during debugging. But, when it try set "Title" properties I always get an error. I tried properties.AfterProperties["vti_title"] and it actually worked.