Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Access is Denied (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

Hi All,


I had an issue once that I cant access any web site. When I try to use SharePoint manager 2007 to access a web site I get this error:


Access is Denied (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)).

In fact, I cant access any web, or site collection or a web application.


I tried many options but nothing worked out. But one trick worked for me.

These are the steps I followed:


Step1: Go to Start >> Run >> cmd >> attrib –s %windir%\tasks (in my case, i used attrib –s C:\windows\tasks)


Step2: In the Tasks folder, right click on Sharing and Security tab and click Add as wss_wpg user

Step3: WSS_WPG should have access to Read & Write.

Step4: Run this command attrib +s c:\WINDOWS\tasks.

Step5: IISRESET.

Step6: Also check Index and Scheduling service are running.

You much check the you must have admin local rights or a user with admin local rights.
My issue with access resolve this issue.
Also check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926959

Cheers,
--aaroh



No comments:

Low Code Reimagined with AI + Copilot Pitch Deck - Copy Copilot day (Virtual) - 2023

 Hi All,  I presneded a session at Pune UG on Low Code Reimagined with AI + Copilot Pitch Deck.  Video is at this address  https://www.youtu...