Thursday, December 31, 2009

'Feature {Guid} for list template is not installed in this farm. The operation could not be completed'

Hi All,



I was developing a SharePoint solution where I have to provision a link list with some kind of manipulations.
The solution was successfully deployed and I was testing the solution. Accidently, I uninstall the solution and NOT DEACTIVATE the feature.


I got this weird error:
"Feature {Guid} for list template is not installed in this farm. The operation could not be completed"



It was utterly frustrating till I found a solution in “CodePlex”:
"SharePoint List Instance Fix Tool ".


Q. How this tool solves the issue?

Ans.
What actually does is that, asks us to use a different template altogether and we just click on “Fix” button. Apparently, by choosing a pre-defined template the farm can detect the template and therefore there is no error.



Later on, we can delete this list.


Cheers,
--aaroh

No comments:

Low Code Reimagined with AI + Copilot Pitch Deck - Copy Copilot day (Virtual) - 2023

 Hi All,  I presneded a session at Pune UG on Low Code Reimagined with AI + Copilot Pitch Deck.  Video is at this address  https://www.youtu...